Monday, April 8, 2013

The never ending project

This one is still a work in progress, but has been retired to the back bedroom (where crafts go to die) because it was collecting dust on the dining room table for 1/3 of Cameron's life and that's where I draw the line!

It was supposed to look like this.


You may be thinking to yourself "Did she learn with the first handprint disaster?" Your thoughts would be of sound mind, however, mommy was not of sound mind on this day. Once again, mommy got caught up in the "I CAN DO THAT" mentality.

For this project, I went, on my own accord to Home Depot! (I know right??!?!)  I wandered into the back where they cut all the boards, waded through the sawdust and scraps and found the PERFECT sized board--FREE in the scraps bin. Now, if you know me, you know that "free" should have been my middle name, because I LOVE LOVE LOVE free things. I went giggling out of the store and home to show off my great find. Dan was less than impressed. I wonder why?

Well, long story short, after 8 coats of red paint, 6 different stencil kits, and a baby covered in white paint; this is where we ended up. I still cannot find the right sized wooden heart to put there! I have purchased 2 different ones and drug my infant to 4 different craft stores. Finally after 2 months of sitting on our dining room table, Dan drew the line and this project made it's new home in the back bedroom. Sad. Just plain sad. Pinterest: 3. Rachel: 0.


No comments:

Post a Comment