Monday, April 8, 2013

Can a 6 month old be crafty?

This was actually one of my first Pinterest fails, so I thought I would share, even though it was a few months ago, because I think we are still digging red paint out of Cameron's nails! :) 

This is what we were attempting to make. Thought it would be cute for the Grandparents for valentine's day. So I bought some red paint, card stock and off we went. *It is worth mentioning that my husband thought this was a very bad idea.*

I thought I would just take Cam's hand, dip it in paint, press it on the paper and then Dan would walk him calmly over to the sink and wash his hands. Repeat with the other hand and both feet. Wellllllll.....it didn't exactly work that way, as is evident from this picture!  That's Dan trying to hold him and he is covered in paint. By the time we got him to the sink he was chewing on his hands, which were also covered in paint! With only 1 hand done, he needed a full bath and we dyed the tub red.



Here is the finished product after trying numerous different ways of getting him to keep his fist open long enough to get his hand print. 


 I am not sure if the lady who did this originally gave her kids some Benedryl before doing this or if they were asleep at the time, but there is NO chance an average 6 month old can make a cute handprint. The only good thing about this adventure was that Mommy did think to buy non-toxic paint! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment